- This page contains scenarios for home stay students to practice English
- You don't know where the toilet is. Ask where it is.
- You are at the dinner table and need to go to the toilet. Ask if you can be excused.
- You are about to go on a trip in the car. You are told to get in the car but you need to go to the toilet. Ask if you can go to the toilet first.
- You are on a long car trip. You need to go to the toilet. Ask if the car can be stopped at the next toilet.
- You are thirsty. Ask for a glass of water.
- You ask for a glass of water and are told you can help yourself, but you don't know where the glasses are. Ask where the glasses are.
- You are offered another glass of water, but you don't need it. Politely refuse.
- You are asked if you would like Coke or Fanta but you don't like either. Ask for Orange Juice instead.
- You are offered a drink of cream soda, but you don't know what it is. Ask if you can try just a little.
- You have just had your first taste of cream soda and you like it. Ask for some more.
- You have been asked if you have ever tried Pub Squash, and you have not. Reply
- You are being served a second helping of dinner, but you don't want too much. Ask for just a little serving.
- You are offered a serve of Durian fruit, but you don't know what it is. Ask if you can try just a little.
- You have just tried your first ever Durian fruit and you don't like it. You are offered another piece. Politely refuse.
- You are asked if you have ever tried Kangaroo and you have not. Reply.
- You are not sure what time you should go to bed. Ask what time you should go to bed.
- Tomorrow is your first day of school, but you are not sure what time you should get up. Ask what time you should get up.
- You are told to come to class after lunch, but you are not sure how lnog lunch goes for. Ask how long lunch will last for.
- You are told that your next class is science, but you don't know where the science room is. Ask where the room is.
- You are told to introduce yourself to Mr. Smith, but you can't remember which teacher is Mr. Smith. Ask which one is Mr. Smith.
- You are told to go to "roll call", but you don't know what that is. Ask what roll call is.
- You want to buy lunch from the canteen, but you are scared of the canteen ladies. You want a salad roll and a coke. Ask a friend to order for you.
See more information about how to get started at the Central Wikia tutorial.