This is an article archiving the 2007 information from the Outgoing JETs page.
- Miyako, ALT, Snardles - I am leaving Miyako Commercial High School. I have really enjoyed my 2 years here - the students and staff have been wonderful. I am one of 3 (out of 4) ALTs leaving Miyako this year, we are all being replaced by new JETs as far as I know. There is also currently an SEA.
- Tatebayashi, ALT, Afniel - Headin' back to the old U.S. of A. I'll try and write up a good bit of info about the school and the area before I go off and leave the country and forget. ^_~
Minami Boso Shi, ALT, oonga - JHS/elementary school ALT. Rural but with easy access to Tokyo; lots of beach. I think there are 5 new people coming in--feel free to contact me for more info!
- Sanjo, ALT, no username given - 2 new ES/JHS positions
Hokuto-shi, ALT, Kstar - I work at Hokuto High School. Hokuto is an agriculture, a commercial, and an academic school combined into 1. I'm the only HS JET in Hokuto. Let's swapping information together!
- Sakuho, ALT, ritachang - Saku Junior High School, Saku Choo Elementary School, Saku Higashi Elementary School
- Komoro, ALT, toshmeister - Komoro Senior High School (mid-high level academic school with a music magnet program) & Komoro School of Commerce (low-mid level technical school) & Kita Saku Agricultural School (low-level technical school).
- Saku, ALT, connie.leeper - Iwamurada Senior High School (mid-high level academic school) & Mochizuki Senior High School (low-level school). Contact me for more info!
- Iiyama, ALT, Mazzimaz - Iiyama Minami Senior High School (low-level sports school), rural location but only 50 mins by train to Nagano City! Get in touch!
- Shiojiri, ALT, Tomh_83 - 4 ALT positions: 2 municipal Junior High (Shioijri Seibu JHS & Ryono JHS) & 2 prefectural High School (Shigakukan SHS & Sogo Kyoiku Center)
- Matsumoto, ALT, Frogsensei - 2 prefectural High School ALT positions: Agatagaoka SHS (high-level academic with an English course, 1 of 2 ALTs) and Arigasaki SHS (high-level academic)
- Kiso, ALT, Tomh_83 - 3 ALT positions: 2 municipal Junior High (Fukushima SHS & Okuwa JHS - Okuwa is about 25 minutes south of Kiso Fukushima) and 1 prefectural High School (Kiso Seiho SHS, higher-level academic - the school has a new name because the 2 high schools in Kiso have merged and I'm not exactly sure of the name).
- Hakuba, ALT, Tomh_83 - 1 prefectural High School ALT position: Hakuba SHS (lower-level academic, but you're in the best place in Nagano for Winter - Hakuba has the best ski slopes)
- Hata, ALT, Tomh_83 - 2 municipal ALT positions: 1 ES (Hata Elem School) & 1 JHS (Hata JHS). Might be filling these positions with inter-prefectural transfer people rather than 1st year JETs.
- Takayama, ALT, Yakaji - 2 SHS positions opening for 2007 intake (Hida Takayama HS Yamada Campus, Hida Takayama HS Okamoto Campus)
- Nagano City, ALT, Koala- (Username problem) - 1 SHS, High level, english specialist, will work with another ALT hired privately.
- Toei, ALT, Russianspy - Municipal, 1 junior high school and 3 elementary schools. Great area if you are a nature lover... but very rural =)
- Mito-cho, ALT, Littlebell - 1 small Senior high school with high level English course, and academic courses. Teaching experience necessary!!! 18 min bike ride to school.
- Itami, ALT, Katala - teaching at Itami Nishi SHS, a non-academic high school (feel free to contact me if you'll be anywhere in Itami, Amagasaki, or Nishinomiya)
- Ikoma, ALT, Chandini - My fiance and I are a couple in Ikoma. We work at Ikoma Senior High and Nishinokyo Senior High.
- Yamato-Koriyama, ALT, Irena - I am the only municipal JET in Koriyama. I work at JHS, elementaries and kindergartens. I am looking for someone probably coming from Hawaii.
- Koya-Cho, ALT, Koya - Most likely, the ALT position in Koya-Cho, including the town of Koyasan and villages of Fuki and Hanasake, will end with my departure.
- Matsue, ALT, BigDawgKris - I'm one of three ALTs leaving Matsue, but there is some confusion if JETs or some other organization is taking over. Either way, I'm out! Gambatte!
- Shimonoseki, ALT, no username provided! - Shimonoseki BOE, One-shot (Elementary, Junior High, Senior High)
Kyushu & OkinawaEdit
- Hita, ALT, Bobo12345 - 3 new ES/JHS ALTs (1 prefectural, 2 municipal), 2 new SHS ALTs (1 private, 1 public)
- Hita, ALT, Kuna - Toin SHS (private)
- Oita, ALT, Ellwood - 1 ALT, Oita minami SHS. lives in Oita City! if you are replacing me get in touch.