Animal Telepathy is a pattern practice speaking activity using comparative sentences for 2nd grade Junior High classes.
- 4 cards per student (one A4 worksheet(pdf) cut into four)
- Hand out the game cards, 4 for each student:
- Have the students choose one animal on each card by making a mark in the brackets.
- Each student must mingle around the room, find a partner and play janken.
- The losing student must give a hint to the winning student using a comparative sentence (eg. "It's smaller than a whale.")
- The winning student then uses that information to guess which animal they have marked on their card (eg. "Is it a cat?"). If they guess correctly they get to take their opponent's card. If they guess incorrectly then their opponent can keep it.
- The students find new partners and the game continues.
- The winning student is the one with the most cards at the end of the game.
|負け人:||It's bigger than a ○○○.|
|It's smaller than a ○○○.|